TK from Ling Tosite Sigure // Discovery

, ,

I thought that I always preferred songs without any vocals or at least without any lyrics. There's something pure about an instrumental piece of music but lately I've been really getting into different kinds of vocals. TK from Ling Tosite Sigure has a kind of voice that just draws you in and keeps you wanting to hear more. I was so surprised when I heard his voice. It is slightly raspy but ever so lovely. His high pitched voice is angelic and soothing.


TK aka Toru Kitajima is the lead singer from Ling Tosite Sigure, a 3 piece indie (well not so indie anymore) band from Saitama. They've been around for over 10 years and did the indie scene for a couple of years before signing to Sony Music in 2008. LTS has held concerts at some pretty famous venues like Nippon Budokan and even toured the U.K. 

I just recently discovered this solo artist and his band...Literally a few minutes ago and I am in love with his (their?) sound. It's a mixture of indie and alternative. My interest in TK and LTS really peaked after hearing the song, Contrast. I love the combination of catchy piano melodies and strong but not overpowering percussion. Add in some guitar and violin/cello accompaniments and I am sold. I'll be keeping an eye out for them from now on.



TK's 

Support TK Through