AA is for American Authors

, ,
There are so many new artists out in  mainstream music, it's hard to keep track of all of them. After looking at my local radio's playlist, this random band's name caught my eye. I haven't heard of them and I think (and still think) their name is quite strange. I gave their song Best Day of My Life a try and really dug their style.

When I first heard it, I thought the vocalist sounded like Dan from Imagine Dragons and their music style reminded me of OneRepublic. That and also their muffled sound editing really works well with the song. I love that one of their main instruments is the banjo and that they are Berklee graduates. It's amazing to see indie or alternative bands get more and more mainstream attention. I'm tired of listening to redundant club music and American Authors brings something fresh to my ears to enjoy.

Song that got me hooked: Luck



Official Website: http://weareamericanauthors.com/