Nell // Introductions

, ,

           
As unforunate as it is, I don't tend to listen to much Korean music. One of the few Korean bands that I do follow is Nell. And I'm so glad I do because they are amazing in so many ways. Their music is emotional, touching, unique. It is both calm and turbulent like how a storm plays out. I love how amazingly their music has evolved and how their old stuff still sounds great, and how each album is constructed in such a way that it doesn't overwhelm the listener but builds layers to complete an interesting experience.

I reviewed their 2014 album, Newton's Apple and talked about them a bit a while back. I can say with confidence that their other albums are just as great. Personal favourites include Slip Away and Healing Process. However, my all-time absolute favourite song of theirs has to Time Walking on Memory. It has the most lovely melody and softest tone. Though it's a gentle piece, it really is anything but. It is a powerful sadness that shakes you to the core and makes you want to smile and cry at the same time. The production value is incredible and I could just gush about this song all day but I'll have to stop here. Just go press play.

Nell's 
Official Website  // Youtube (Record YT ) // Twitter

Support Nell Through
iTunes